Skillet dinners are easy to prepare, dinner can be ready and on the table in 20-30 minutes, and they can almost all be one dish dinners that include the protein, starch, and veggie all in one dish. Join us for a month-long series on Skillet Dinner Recipes!
Tips & Tricks for Skillet Cooking:
- Invest in a good skillet. You want one with a good tight fitting lid, and one that is large enough to fit 4 hearty servings.
- Be sure to keep the heat at medium-medium low to keep things from getting burned or crusty on the bottom.
- Take good care of your skillets so they last you many, many years. I’ve detailed how to do this in my One Dish Dinners Cookbook, but you could also get some good tips here: How to Season and Care for Cast Iron Skillet.
Recommended Skillet Dinner Supplies:
- Simply Calphalon Nonstick 5-qt. Sauté Pan & Cover – this is the pan I personally use!
- Pre-Seasoned 12 inch Cast Iron Skillet from Emeril by All-Clad – this is a really great cast iron skillet that won’t break the bank!
- Silicone Hot Handle Holder – you’ll want one of these (or something like it) if your skillet is going in the oven!
- Find even more skillet recipes in my One Dish Dinners cookbook
Pin all of our Skillet Dinner Recipes on Pinterest:
The Skillet Dinner Recipes (with new ones added each day in January):
Other “31 Days of” Series to check out: