Need dinner on the table in 10 minutes?
You can totally do that with this recipe! Since this recipe calls for pre-cooked kielbasa or other kind of sausage, you can literally have this on the table in 10 minutes. It takes 2-3 minutes to cut up the cabbage. Another few minutes for it to soften up in the skillet. Chop up an onion and throw it in too. DUNZO.
I served this with some dinner rolls that I warmed up quickly in the toaster oven and it was literally 10 minutes. Here’s how it goes…
If using uncooked sausage, saute a few extra minutes before adding the cabbage and onions.
Mix in the spicy mustard and vinegar.
Toss in the chopped onions.
And then the cabbage.
Saute and stir while it wilts.
Serve. Perfect meal for this busy momÂ andÂ her busy boys!
Check out the other skillet dinners in our 31 Days of Skillet Dinners series!
Sausage & Cabbage Skillet Dinner
- 1 Tbsp olive or canola oil
- 2 Tbsp spicy mustard
- 2 Tbsp red wine or apple cider vinegar
- 1 lb. kielbasa or other sausage, sliced
- 1 small cabbage head (purple or green), chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Side dish - bread or rice or other veggies
- Add the oil to a large skillet with lid. Add the spicy mustard, vinegar, and sausage and stir together. Saute for a few minuteswhile you chop the veggies.
- Chop the cabbage and onions. Add to the skillet and saute for 4-5 minutes or until the cabbage has wilted and cooked. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Warm bread or prepare other sides.
- Serve Kielbasa & Cabbage Skillet with preferred sides.