Frittatas.Â They make a great breakfast. They make a great lunch. And they make a wonderful one dish dinner!
Youâ€™ve got the protein from the eggs, cheese and bacon, plus a little starch from the potatoes.Â Serve it with a side of fresh fruit and youâ€™ve got the entire food pyramid covered!
If I had to pick my most favorite frittata of all time, it might be this one. Might.
I say might, only because I have a hard time calling anything my favorite because I just love food. And breakfast for dinner. And baked potatoes. And baked potatoes in frittata form.
Bacon, potato bits, cheese, chives or green onions, sour cream dollop.
I think I’ve said enough.
Add this Loaded Potato Frittata to your meal plan right.now. It won’t disappoint.
Unless you don’t like bacon. Or baked potatoes. (I can’t help with that. And I’m sorry!)
But seriously, this one is a family favorite around here!
- 6 slices turkey bacon (optional)
- 4 medium Russet potatoes,chopped into small cubes
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- Fresh fruit; as side dish.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- (Optional: Cook the turkey bacon (or regular bacon if you prefer) in the cast iron skillet - add 5-7 minutes onto the cooking time for this step.)
- Remove the bacon from the skillet and then saute the potatoes in the bacon grease for 5 to 7 minutes, or until begin to soften.If you dont make bacon, the cook the potatoes with 2 Tbsp olive or vegetable oil.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and sour cream. Add a little salt and pepper and whisk that in too.
- Once the potatoes have softened some, pour the egg mixture over top and let cook on the stovetop for about 3 minutes, or until you see the eggs along the edges begin to set.
- Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the eggs in the middle have set.
- Add the shredded cheese to the top and then bake for another 5 minutes. Be sure to use a heavy duty oven mitt, as the handle will be hot, hot, hot!
- Once the cheese is melted, remove the skillet from the oven. Let cool slightly before slicing.
- Prepare fresh fruit for side dish.
- Slice and serve Loaded Potato Frittatatopped with green onion slices and a side of fresh fruit.
Recommended Skillet Dinner Supplies:
- Simply Calphalon Nonstick 5-qt. SautÃ© Pan & Cover â€“ this is the pan I personally use!
- Pre-Seasoned 12 inch Cast Iron Skillet from Emeril by All-Clad â€“ this is a really great cast iron skillet that wonâ€™t break the bank!
- Silicone Hot Handle Holder â€“ youâ€™ll want one of these (or something like it) if your skillet is going in the oven!
- Find even more skillet recipes in my One Dish Dinners cookbook
Keep up with & pin all of our Skillet Dinner Recipes on Pinterest!
Other â€œ31 Days ofâ€ Series to check out:
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Slow CookerÂ Meals
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes