Had to sneak a grilling recipe in here! If you don’t have a grilling basket, I highly recommend that you get one before grilling season ‘officially’ resumes in a month or two. I use my grilling basket mostly for grilling veggies, but I also use it for ‘grill-fry’ meals like this one!
Can you really do an entire meal on the grill?!
Why yes. Yes you can.
This is the perfect one dish dinnerâ€¦all cooked together on the grill.Â And served with a few watermelon wedges that are sweet, juicy and drip all down your chin!
Super simple and super delicious. I love the smokey flavor that gets infused into the chicken and potatoes as they grill. This is a great way to keep the heat out of the kitchen and cook the entire meal out on the grill!
Chicken and Potato “Stirfry” on the Grill ~ 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 2 chicken breasts, about 1 lb., cut into bite size pieces
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp garlic and onion grill seasoning
- 4 medium Idaho potatoes
- 1 green pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 onion, diced
- Cut the chicken into bite size pieces and place in a mixing bowl with the olive oil, red wine vinegar and seasoning.
- Let marinate at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Microwave the potatoes for a few minutes before slicing. (This will help them cook faster on the grill.)
- Toss the potatoes, diced peppers and diced onions with the chicken pieces.
- Place the mixture into the grill basket and cook for about 20 minutes, or until chicken pieces have cooked through.
- Toss and turn the chicken and vegetables often while they are grilling. Use caution as grill basket handle is hot!
- Serve with ketchup and a side of fresh fruit like watermelon or other fresh fruit.
Recommended Skillet Dinner Supplies:
- Simply Calphalon Nonstick 5-qt. SautÃ© Pan & Cover â€“ this is the pan I personally use!
- Pre-Seasoned 12 inch Cast Iron Skillet from Emeril by All-Clad â€“ this is a really great cast iron skillet that wonâ€™t break the bank!
- Silicone Hot Handle Holder â€“ youâ€™ll want one of these (or something like it) if your skillet is going in the oven!
- Find even more skillet recipes in my One Dish Dinners cookbook
Keep up with & pin all of our Skillet Dinner Recipes on Pinterest!
Other â€œ31 Days ofâ€ Series to check out:
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Slow CookerÂ Meals
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes