This recipe was originally sent to me by a reader and I couldn’t help but try it right away! I’ve shared the original recipe as she sent it to me, but I’m also going to tell you how I adapted it to fit my family’s dietary needs.
The kids can’t have dairy, so instead of the nacho cheese soup, I just used a half and half combination of milk and water to make 2 1/4 cups. Then I used a little shredded cheese on top of part of it for Steve (as you can see in the photo above).
Whether you make your own sauce, or use the soup, it doesn’t matter because it’s delicious!
Stuffing + chicken + spinach + corn + cheesy goodness = another perfect dinner, all cooked together in the same skillet!
Chicken & Stuffing Skillet Dinner
- 2 Tbsp chopped onions
- 1 tsp 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 10 oz. can Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 cup shredded chicken
- 15 oz. can whole kernel corn
- 10 oz. bag frozen chopped spinach
- 10 oz. can Campbells Nacho Cheese Soup
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp Mrs. Dash seasoning
- 14 oz. box or bag stuffing mix
- Fresh fruit, as side dish.
- In a large ovenproof skillet, saute the onions and garlic.
- Add the can of Rotel, chicken, corn and spinach. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes in the skillet until heated through.
- Add the soup, milk and Mrs. Dash.
- Then fold in the dry stuffing mix.
- Place the skillet in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes at 375 degrees.
- (Erins note: I added cheese after it was finished baking.)
- Prepare fresh fruit for side.
- ServeChicken & Stuffing Skillet Dinner with fresh fruit.
Leave a Reply