This recipe was originally sent to me by a reader and I couldn’t help but try it right away! I’ve shared the original recipe as she sent it to me, but I’m also going to tell you how I adapted it to fit my family’s dietary needs.
The kids can’t have dairy, so instead of the nacho cheese soup, I just used a half and half combination of milk and water to make 2 1/4 cups. Then I used a little shredded cheese on top of part of it for Steve (as you can see in the photo above).
Whether you make your own sauce, or use the soup, it doesn’t matter because it’s delicious!
Stuffing + chicken + spinach + corn + cheesy goodness = another perfect dinner, all cooked together in the same skillet!
Chicken & Stuffing Skillet Dinner
Yield – 4-6 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 25 minutes
- 2 Tbsp chopped onions
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 can Rotel
- 1 cup shredded chicken
- 15 oz. can whole kernel corn
- 10 oz. bag frozen chopped spinach
- 1 can Campbell’s Nacho Cheese Soup
- 1/4 cup milk (you could probably use chicken broth here, but I didn’t defrost any – the milk was quicker)
- 1 tsp Mrs. Dash seasoning
- 14 oz. box or bag stuffing mix
- Fresh fruit; as side dish.
- In a large ovenproof skillet, saute the onions and garlic.
- Add the can of Rotel, chicken, corn and spinach. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes in the skillet until heated through.
- Add the soup, milk and Mrs. Dash.
- Then “fold” in the dry stuffing mix.
- Place the skillet in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes at 375 degrees.
- (Erin’s note: I added cheese after it was finished baking.)
- Prepare fresh fruit for side.
- Serve Chicken & Stuffing Skillet Dinner with fresh fruit.
Recommended Skillet Dinner Supplies:
- Simply Calphalon Nonstick 5-qt. Sauté Pan & Cover – this is the pan I personally use!
- Pre-Seasoned 12 inch Cast Iron Skillet from Emeril by All-Clad – this is a really great cast iron skillet that won’t break the bank!
- Silicone Hot Handle Holder – you’ll want one of these (or something like it) if your skillet is going in the oven!
- Find even more skillet recipes in my One Dish Dinners cookbook
Keep up with & pin all of our Skillet Dinner Recipes on Pinterest!
Other “31 Days of” Series to check out:
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes