I’m super stoked about this next 31 Days series….all about Rotisserie Chicken recipes. Or shredded chicken recipes. I’m hoping that the new and old recipes we share this month will be added to your family favorites list, and help you feel more confident in getting a quick and easy dinner on the table.
The great thing about rotisserie chicken is that you’re starting or basing your dinner around a simple and delicious ingredient: cooked & shredded chicken.
You’re not dealing with any raw meat. You’ve got the “most tedious part” of most shredded chicken recipes done before you start…the cooking of the chicken. Simply knowing that the chicken is pre-cooked and ready to use in the recipe is such a relief!
This month, I’ll teach you how to pull all the chicken meat from a rotisserie chicken (video here), as well as how you can make “Do It Yourself” “Rotisserie” chicken…in the slow cooker. I put the rotisserie in quotes because you’re making it in the slow cooker and not on a spinning spit in a large oven. But the end result is the same…delicious, shredded chicken!
With those basics covered, we’ve shared recipes using shredded chicken that just might become your family’s new favorite!
- Get rotisserie chickens from Costco (if you have a membership) – they are $4.99 for a 3/5 to 4 lb. chicken & is enough to make 2-3 meals with 4 servings, depending on the recipe.
- Make your own shredded chicken (and you’ll end up with homemade broth too!) by cooking a whole chicken in the slow cooker.
- Watch out for special offers and coupons at your local grocery store. When you see them, grab a few extra rotisserie chickens…then spend a few minutes pulling off all of the meat and adding it in 2-3 cup portions into plastic containers or freezer baggies to use in future rotisserie-shredded chicken meals.
Pin all of our 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes here!
Follow $5 Dinners’ board 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes on Pinterest.
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for Rotisserie Chicken Supplies:
- 5 qt Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer
- 6.5 qt Slow Cooker
- Henckles 7 Piece Knife Set with Block
- Rubbermaid 50 Piece Freezer Safe Food Storage Set
- Pizza Cutter
- 3 Piece Dishwasher Safe Cutting Board Set
The 31 Rotisserie Chicken Recipes (with new ones added each day in January):
Other “31 Days of” Series to check out:
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes
- 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinners
- 31 Days of Chili, Soups & Stews
- 31 Days of Holiday Sweets & Treats