Homemade Pizza night is ALWAYS a hit around here!
I’ve got a little secret…I just don’t love restaurant doughs. Maybe it’s because I make homemade pizzas so often and just prefer my dough recipe (link is below.)
Not only can I make it without thinking about it, it’s super soft, delicious and makes the perfect size pizza-pie for our family.
This Chicken Margherita Pizza is fantastical – all the great Italian flavors…with a little rotisserie chicken thrown on top. It’s perfection and I hope you’ll make it on your next homemade pizza night!
Tip: keep a basil plant nearby to use with all your favorite homemade Italian meals. They grow well with a little water and light and I find them pretty hard to kill! 🙂 If you’re gonna buy a $3 packet of fresh basil, you might as well get a $4 basil plant instead. AmIRight?
- 1 homemade (or store bought) pizza dough
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup cooked, shredded (or chunked) chicken
- 2 Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella, sliced or shredded (I used a round of mozzarella cheese that I sliced)
- 4 sprigs fresh basil
- Fresh veggies or salad, as side dish
- Prepare the pizza dough according to the recipe here.
- About 10 minutes before the end of the rising time, heat oven to 350 F. and assemble all the ingredients.
- Roll out the pizza dough to 16 inch circle and place it on a baking sheet or stone.
- Top with pizza sauce and spread it to 1 inch from the edge.
- Top with cooked, shredded chicken, sliced tomatoes, sliced (or shredded) mozzarella, and basil sprigs.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350 F. Pizza is done when crust is deep golden brown.
- Prepare fresh veggies or side salad.
- Serve Chicken Margherita Pizza with fresh veggies or salad.
Pin all of our 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes here!
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for Rotisserie Chicken Supplies:
- 5 qt Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer
- 6.5 qt Slow Cooker
- Henckles 7 Piece Knife Set with Block
- Rubbermaid 50 Piece Freezer Safe Food Storage Set
- Pizza Cutter
- 3 Piece Dishwasher Safe Cutting Board Set
See all of our 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes here!
Other “31 Days of” Series to check out:
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes
- 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinners
- 31 Days of Chili, Soups & Stews
- 31 Days of Holiday Sweets & Treats