It’s like your favorite spinach artichoke dip…in quesadilla form.
And to answer your question (at least the question I think you might be thinking about right now!)…YES, these are as addictive as the dip can be.
Even my little ‘spinach avoiders’ thought these were great!
There are a couple different ways to make/cook a quesadilla, but these work best in the oven. Mainly because they are so ‘full.’ Here’s why I say that: when you make them on a baking sheet, it’s easy to flip them over half way through the cooking to brown and toast both tortillas by using another cookie sheet and doing a “giant fliparoo.” Picture this…
- Quesadillas are baking on a baking sheet. The top tortilla is browned in just a few minutes.
- You want both tortillas to beÂ brown and crispy. BUT, you don’t want a mess.
- Take out another cookie sheet. Put oven mitts on both hands.
- Pull out the baking sheet with hot quesadillas. Put the other cookie sheet on top and press together. Get your hands in a position that will allow you to flip both cookie sheets together. (Careful, because the one is HOT!)
- Put the flipped over quesadillas back into the oven on the new baking sheet and cook a few more minutes until golden brown and slightly crispy on top.
See what happened there…you end up with perfect quesadillas and not flippage mess 😉
(You could try these in a skillet or on a griddle, but they are ‘heavy’ and ‘full’ and will likely spill out when you flip!)
Here’s how they work…
Chop the ‘chokes.
Mix up the filling.
Combine the chicken, well-drained spinach, cheese.
Mix in the ‘chokes.
Spread evenly onto 4 tortillas. Transfer to lightly greased baking sheet.
Add top tortilla.
Bake a little more.
Transfer to cutting board and cut with pizza cutter.
Devour these delicious quesadillas!
Chicken, Spinach & Artichoke Quesadillas
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 15 oz. can artichokes, well drained
- 10 oz. frozen spinach, cooked and well drained
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 8 burrito-size flour tortillas
- Fresh fruit, as side dish
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Pull apart and shred the chicken.
- Chop the artichokes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the chicken, drained spinach, Parmesan cheese, mayo and 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese. Mix in the artichokes.
- Lay 4 tortillas out and spread the chicken-artichoke mixture onto the tortillas evenly. Add the rest of the cheese, equally to the 4 quesadillas. Top with the other 4 tortillas.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 8 minutes. Flip and baking another 4-6 minutes, or until tortilla is golden and cheese has melted.
- Serve Chicken, Spinach and Artichoke Quesadillas with fresh fruit.
Pin all of our 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes here!
Erinâ€™s Personal Recommendations for Rotisserie Chicken Supplies:
- 5 qt Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer
- 6.5 qt Slow Cooker
- Henckles 7 Piece Knife Set with Block
- Rubbermaid 50 Piece Freezer Safe Food Storage Set
- Pizza Cutter
- 3 Piece Dishwasher Safe Cutting Board Set
See all of our 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes here!
Other “31 Days of” Series to check out:
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes
- 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinners
- 31 Days of Chili, Soups & Stews
- 31 Days of Holiday Sweets & Treats