Game Day’s Food is getting a facelift this year….not only is this super budget friendly, filling for your crowd, but it’s ridiculously easy too!
There’s just something about a bowl of chili while you’re watching the players freeze on the sidelines. (Maybe it’s just me?!) But I love to be warm and cozy while watching the game AND the commercials.
This year, I’m sharing a stellar and super simple recipe that takes one of football’s favorite foods…Buffalo Chicken Wings…and drops it into chili form. Load in the beans (in this case, 15 Bean Soup mix beans) and you’re on your way to tempting taste buds and filling bellies. When it comes to feeding my 5 dudes on Game Day, this is the PERFECT meal!
(Note: I used 1 cup of the hot sauce and it was just perfect for all of us, kids included. If I’d been making this for just adults or those who prefer spicier, I would have added more hot sauce!)
Here’s what you look for on the dried beans aisle at your store…
I went back for seconds on this chili…and ended up feeling pleasantly stuffed and happy! Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
15 Bean Buffalo Chicken Chili
- 1 lb. bag Hambeens 15 Bean Soup mix
- 2 cups rotisserie or cooked and shredded chicken
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 15 oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup Frank's red hot sauce (more if you want spicier)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Blue cheese crumbles, as garnish for each bowl
- (Slow Cooker Directions here.)
- In a large stockpot or saucepan, cook the 15 Bean Soup mix as directed, about 1 hour. Drain and return the beans to the pot.
- Stir in the chicken, chopped celery, chopped onion, diced tomatoes with juices, Frank's red hot sauce and chicken stock (just add 1 cup for chunkier/chili-like meal or 2 cups for more soup like meal). Let simmer for 15-20 minutes to allow flavors to mingle.
- Serve 15 Bean Buffalo Chicken Chili with blue cheese crumbles in each bowl.
Pin all of our 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes here!
Follow $5 Dinners’ board 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes on Pinterest.
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for Rotisserie Chicken Supplies:
- 5 qt Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer
- 6.5 qt Slow Cooker
- Henckles 7 Piece Knife Set with Block
- Rubbermaid 50 Piece Freezer Safe Food Storage Set
- Pizza Cutter
- 3 Piece Dishwasher Safe Cutting Board Set
See all of our 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes here!
Other “31 Days of” Series to check out:
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes
- 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinners
- 31 Days of Chili, Soups & Stews
- 31 Days of Holiday Sweets & Treats
Leave a Reply