Is it just me, or is Chicken Pot Pie made with puff pastry just easier? And tastier too?
Have you ever made Chicken Pot Pie using puff pastry instead of pie crust?
If not, you must try it now…I’ve got all the details and inside scoop below. It cooks in the oven while the chicken pot pie “base” is warming up…then you can easily scoop and serve it all together.
Let me know how you like it 🙂
- 1/2 package puff pastry sheets
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 1 tsp chicken bouillon
- 1 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 cups frozen or fresh mixed vegetables
- 2 cups cooked, boneless, skinless chicken breasts, shredded (or diced)
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 8 oz. plain yogurt
- Remove the puff pastry from the plastic wrapper and set it on the counter to come to room temperature. DO NOT microwave.
- Heat oven to 400 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Prepare a medium casserole dish by spraying with nonstick spray.
- In a large skillet, add the butter and chopped onion. Heat over medium and stir to coat. Let this cook for 3 - 4 minutes until the onions start to become translucent.
- Add bouillon, rosemary, pepper, salt, thyme, water, and vegetables to the onion in the pan. Stir over medium heat until the mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Stir in chicken, cream cheese, and yogurt. Stir over low heat for about 5 minutes until almost boiling.
- Pour the chicken mixture into the prepared casserole dish.
- The puff pastry should now be easy to unfold and cut. Cut it into enough small rectangles for each serving bowl to be topped with pastry. Bake the pastry on the top rack and the casserole on the bottom rack for 15 minutes at 400 degrees.
- After 15 minutes, the pastry should be light golden brown and the chicken mixture will be bubbling. Remove from oven. Spoon the chicken mixture into serving bowls and top with baked pastry.
- Serve Creamy Chicken Pot Pie hot.
Pin all of our 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes here!
Erinâ€™s Personal Recommendations for Rotisserie Chicken Supplies:
- 5 qt Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer
- 6.5 qt Slow Cooker
- Henckles 7 Piece Knife Set with Block
- Rubbermaid 50 Piece Freezer Safe Food Storage Set
- Pizza Cutter
- 3 Piece Dishwasher Safe Cutting Board Set
See all of our 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes here!
Other “31 Days of” Series to check out:
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes
- 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinners
- 31 Days of Chili, Soups & Stews
- 31 Days of Holiday Sweets & Treats