Yes, that is all.
Here they are, in no particular order…
Large tortillas, preferably burrito-size.
Salsa verde sauce.
Shredded cheese…whatever Tex-Mex variety you prefer. I like to use jalapeno jack cheese for a little added “kick.”
Shredded rotisserie chicken.
(Optional 6th ingredient…chopped cilantro. I’m calling this optional because I know there are many people who don’t like cilantro. In fact, it tastes like you’re eating soap. It’s a gene thing. For real. No one in our family has that gene, so I included it in our burritos…but it’s the optional 6th ingredient!)
3 ingredients (plus the optional 6th) get mixed together in a bowl.
The spread out onto tortillas.
Avocado slices go on top.
Then they get rolled and placed into baking dish.
Then baked for a short time…just long enough to warm things up and melt the cheese.
About 15-20 minutes.
Boom…dinner is ready!
Hope your family loves these quick and easy Salsa Verde Chicken Burritos!
P.S. These would be great served with a sour cream dip or an avocado ranch dressing dip 🙂
Salsa Verde Chicken Burritos
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 20 minutes
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- about 1 cup Salsa Verde sauce
- 2 cups shredded Monterrey Jack or Jalapeno Jack cheese
- 2 avocados, seeded and sliced
- Fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 4 burrito-size tortillas
- Fresh fruit or veggies, as side dish
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease a 7×11 or 9×13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together the shredded chicken, salsa verde sauce, shredded cheese and cilantro (if using.)
- Spoon evenly onto all 4 of the tortillas. Add avocado slices to each and roll them up. Place them seam side down in the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until cheese has melted and tortillas begin to golden.
- Serve Salsa Verde Chicken Burritos with fresh fruit or veggies.
Pin all of our 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes here!
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for Rotisserie Chicken Supplies:
- 5 qt Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer
- 6.5 qt Slow Cooker
- Henckles 7 Piece Knife Set with Block
- Rubbermaid 50 Piece Freezer Safe Food Storage Set
- Pizza Cutter
- 3 Piece Dishwasher Safe Cutting Board Set
See all of our 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes here!
Other “31 Days of” Series to check out:
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes
- 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinners
- 31 Days of Chili, Soups & Stews
- 31 Days of Holiday Sweets & Treats