Holy flavor explosion!
But it’s not just the flavor that I love…it’s that I can have this on the table in 20 minutes!
BECAUSE YOU DON’T HAVE TO COOK THE CHICKEN!
First off, start cooking the pasta.
Then, while the pasta is cooking, you whip up the chicken marsala sauce and they both finish cooking about the same time and BOOM. Dinner is ready to serve!
Below is the play by play…
Melt the butter.
Whisk in the flour.
(You can definitely do a gluten free flour blend to keep this GF. You’d have to make GF pasta or serve with rice for completely GF meal!)
Add spices and seasoning.
Pour in the chicken stock.
Pour in the marsala cooking wine.
Whisk up and let the sauce thicken.
Add the sliced mushrooms.
Let simmer about 5-8 minutes until begin to cook down.
Add the rotisserie or shredded chicken.
Mix it all up in the skillet.
Drop in some green/parsley, if you like.
And now it’s ready to serve!
Drop over some pasta or rice.
Skillet Chicken Marsala
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 15 minutes
- 12 – 16 oz. small shell pasta
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 4 Tbsp flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp minced dried onion
- 2 to 3 cups chicken stock (depending on how thick you want the sauce)
- 1/2 cup marsala cooking wine
- 8 oz. sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped – optional garnish
- Fresh veggies, as side dish
- Cook the pasta as directed.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter and whisk in the flour and then the garlic powder and minced onion. Stream in the chicken stock and marsala cooking wine and whisk quickly to prevent clumping of the liquid with the flour.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and simmer for a few minutes until they reduce down in size. Then stir in the cooked, rotisserie chicken. Add chopped parsley as garnish, if you like.
- Prepare fresh veggies.
- Serve Skillet Chicken Marsala with fresh veggies.
Pin all of our 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes here!
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for Rotisserie Chicken Supplies:
- 5 qt Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer
- 6.5 qt Slow Cooker
- Henckles 7 Piece Knife Set with Block
- Rubbermaid 50 Piece Freezer Safe Food Storage Set
- Pizza Cutter
- 3 Piece Dishwasher Safe Cutting Board Set
See all of our 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes here!
Other “31 Days of” Series to check out:
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes
- 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinners
- 31 Days of Chili, Soups & Stews
- 31 Days of Holiday Sweets & Treats