I love to make this salad for lunch…and we’ve had it for dinner too. My boys aren’t the biggest salad fans, but when I load it with their faves – chicken, apples, cranberries – they don’t seem to mind as much.
I’ve got some pecans and dried cranberries leftover from the holiday baking that happened in my kitchen…so I imagine this salad will be making several appearances over the next couple weeks!
Also, if you’d like to make a homemade vinaigrette dressing for this salad, I highly recommend this Balsamic Vinaigrette. It’s my go-to homemade dressing!
- 1 lb. clamshell baby spinach leaves
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- about 1 cup dried cranberries
- about 1 cup pecan halves or chopped pecans
- 2 small apples, cored and sliced
- about 1/2 cup gorgonzola or blue cheese crumbles
- Vinaigrette dressing
- Pull apart the rotisserie chicken, if needed.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together the baby spinach leaves, the shredded chicken, the dried cranberries, the pecans, the apple slices and cheese crumbles. Add in desired amount of vinaigrette and toss well.
- If preferred, make your own dressing.
- Serve Winter Spinach Salad with Chicken.
Pin all of our 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes here!
Erinâ€™s Personal Recommendations for Rotisserie Chicken Supplies:
- 5 qt Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer
- 6.5 qt Slow Cooker
- Henckles 7 Piece Knife Set with Block
- Rubbermaid 50 Piece Freezer Safe Food Storage Set
- Pizza Cutter
- 3 Piece Dishwasher Safe Cutting Board Set
See all of our 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes here!
Other “31 Days of” Series to check out:
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes
- 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinners
- 31 Days of Chili, Soups & Stews
- 31 Days of Holiday Sweets & Treats