Warning: you might totally binge on these.
You’ve been warned.
The Hawaiian rolls. The BBQ chicken. The WHITE CHEDDAR.
If I had to be these Baked BBQ Chicken Sandwiches in a contest with the Shredded Hawaiian Chicken Sandwiches from yesterday, it would be a near tie.
They are very similar in taste, but have different cooking methods.
Maybe you should try both, and then let me know which one your family prefers! Nothing like a little shredded BBQ Chicken Sandwich contest 😉
Baked BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
Tangy chicken held together by buttery, garlicky baked sweet rolls.
Servings - 4 servings
- 8 small Hawaiian Rolls
- 1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken, cooked
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded white cheddar
- 1/2 small red onion diced
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- Chips, as side dish
- Fresh veggies, as side dish
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a baking liner.
- Split the Hawaiian rolls in half with a knife and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine cooked chicken and BBQ sauce. Stir to combine.
- Spoon the chicken mixture into the rolls. Top with shredded cheese and onion and the other half of the roll. Place all the sandwiches on the lined pan.
- In a small dish, combine the butter and garlic. Brush over the top of the sandwiches.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Serve Baked BBQ Chicken Sandwiches warm with chips and fresh veggies.
Pin all of our 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes here!
Follow $5 Dinners’ board 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes on Pinterest.
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for Rotisserie Chicken Supplies:
- 5 qt Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer
- 6.5 qt Slow Cooker
- Henckles 7 Piece Knife Set with Block
- Rubbermaid 50 Piece Freezer Safe Food Storage Set
- Pizza Cutter
- 3 Piece Dishwasher Safe Cutting Board Set
See all of our 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes here!
Other “31 Days of” Series to check out:
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes
- 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinners
- 31 Days of Chili, Soups & Stews
- 31 Days of Holiday Sweets & Treats
Deb Hatton says
These look absolutely unreal! I think I might try some for the kids’ lunch tomorrow. Any idea how they travel?
Simply VERY TASTY! And it is easy to do.