I’ve got one more brand new recipe to share with you as part of this month’s 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken recipes. I adore homemade macaroni and cheese. I love ‘fiddling’ with the cheese sauce. I love mixing and matching cheeses and this one just might be my favorite…I’m still drooling over this combo of white cheddar and sharp cheddar.
The Homemade Bacon & Spinach Mac and Cheese was such a ginormous hit with everyone, that I decided to sneak in one more new recipe in this month’s 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken recipes. This one basically swaps the bacon for rotisserie chicken…and you end up with a ‘one-dish meal.’
For this meal, you cook the pasta.
While the pasta is cooking, you prepare the cheese sauce. Warm and drain the spinach. Pull or shred the chicken, if needed.
Then toss it all together in a baking dish. Warm it all together in the oven. Top with some grated Parm and dunzo.
Spinach laced. Chicken laced. Perfect cheese sauce. That’s a little taste of heaven in that baking dish my friend!
Homemade Chicken & Spinach Macaroni and Cheese
Adapted from: Homemade Bacon & Spinach Mac and Cheese
Yield – 6 to 8 servings
Preparation Time – 25 minutes
Cooking Time – 15 to 20 minutes
- 16 oz. elbow pasta
- 10 oz. box frozen spinach
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 4 Tbsp flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- about 1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- about 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- about 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- Grated Parmesan cheese, garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cook the pasta as directed.
- Warm the frozen spinach and drain well.
- In a skillet, make the cheese sauce. Melt the butter and whisk in the flour. Then whisk in the milk and let simmer over low heat until sauce thickens. Stir in the sour cream, garlic powder 2 cheeses until they melt. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix in the shredded chicken and drained spinach.
- In the prepared baking dish, add the cooked pasta and then pour the cheesy chicken sauce over the top and gently combine and mix well in the baking dish. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until warmed through.
- Serve Homemade Chicken & Spinach Mac and Cheese as one dish meal, or with small side salad or veggies.
Pin all of our 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes here!
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for Rotisserie Chicken Supplies:
- 5 qt Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer
- 6.5 qt Slow Cooker
- Henckles 7 Piece Knife Set with Block
- Rubbermaid 50 Piece Freezer Safe Food Storage Set
- Pizza Cutter
- 3 Piece Dishwasher Safe Cutting Board Set
See all of our 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes here!
Other “31 Days of” Series to check out:
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes
- 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinners
- 31 Days of Chili, Soups & Stews
- 31 Days of Holiday Sweets & Treats