I might be a little obsessed with the flavors on the California Pizza Kitchen BBQ Chicken Pizza.
I’ve made the mini pizza version. And the street tacos version. And now…the nachos version.
There’s something you must know about these nachos…an ingredient that is essential and I h.i.g.h.l.y. recommend that you use.
Shredded Gouda cheese.
It exists. My not-so-giant-not-a-nationwide grocery store has a generic store brand version of it, so I imagine that your store will have it too. I hope they have it!
(If you can’t find it, shredded mozzarella or colby jack would be the next best options!)
The Gouda flavor is key for this recipe…the slight smokiness balances perfectly with the sweet and the tang from the BBQ sauce.
You can see how utterly simple this is. Rotisserie chicken tossed with BBQ sauce (whatever brand your prefer!), drop that on top of some tortilla chips and then douse it all in shredded Gouda cheese. If you want the full CPK flavor experience, add a little chopped cilantro and chopped red onions on top too!
There you have it…Happy Nacho Night my friend!
BBQ Chicken Nachos
- Tortilla chips
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken
- 3/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 2 cups shredded Gouda cheese
- Fresh cilantro, chopped, optional garnish
- Red onion, chopped, optional garnish
- Fresh fruit or veggies, as side dish
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place tortilla chips in the bottom of large baking dish or cookie sheet.
- In a mixing bowl, toss the shredded chicken and BBQ sauce. Spread on top of the tortilla chips. Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the top.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until cheese has melted. Optional garnishes - chopped cilantro and/or chopped red onion.
- Serve BBQ Chicken Nachos with side of fresh fruit or veggies.
Pin all of our 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes here!
Follow $5 Dinners’ board 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes on Pinterest.
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for Rotisserie Chicken Supplies:
- 5 qt Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer
- 6.5 qt Slow Cooker
- Henckles 7 Piece Knife Set with Block
- Rubbermaid 50 Piece Freezer Safe Food Storage Set
- Pizza Cutter
- 3 Piece Dishwasher Safe Cutting Board Set
See all of our 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes here!
Other “31 Days of” Series to check out:
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes
- 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinners
- 31 Days of Chili, Soups & Stews
- 31 Days of Holiday Sweets & Treats
Leave a Reply