I feel like lunch is the forgotten meal of the day. Maybe because I’m not usually home for lunch…sometimes, I am…but usually not. I do lunches during my “morning time block” and then we all rush off into our day with “something for lunch.” But it feels like an after thought…probably because of the mad rush out the door that happens every morning.
Lunches are tough because everyone’s situation is different. The boys don’t have reheating options at their schools, but my husband and I can reheat our food. We often end up taking the leftovers or lunches like these below from the freezer. And I end up putting freezer friendly muffins, quick breads or DIY Uncrustables into lunchboxes. By the time lunch rolls around, they are thawed and ready to eat.
If you want to send a warm lunch for your kids, I highly recommend these thermos food jars (16 oz, 10 oz). Reheating, drop in warm…and will still be warm at lunch. Investment upfront, that definitely pays for itself over time!
Hope you enjoy these freezer friendly lunch ideas! 🙂
Check out all 16 Freezer Friendly Lunch Recipes here:
Pin all of our 31 Days of FreezEasy Meals here!
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for FreezEasy Meal Supplies:
- Freezer Bags, gallon size
- Freezer Bags, 2 gallon size
- Disposable 9×5 Loaf Pans or Reusable Silicon Freezer Safe/Oven Safe Loaf Pans
- Disposable 9×13 Aluminum Foil Pans or Reusable Silicon Freezer/Oven Safe 9×13 Pan (I’d recommend using a baking sheet with this one when cooking!)
- Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil
- Melamine Mixing Bowls with pouring spout, 3 ct. set (3 qt., 2 qt., and 1 1/2 qt.)
- Dishwasher safe Cutting Boards, set of 4
See all of our 31 Days of FreezEasy Meals here!
Other “31 Days of” Series to check out:
- 31 Days of 5-Ingredient Meals
- 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinners
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Chili, Soups & Stews
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes
- 31 Days of Healthy Snacks
- 31 Days of Holiday Sweets & Treats
- 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Summer Slow Cooker Meals