I feel like lunch is the forgotten meal of the day. Maybe because I’m not usually home for lunch…sometimes, I am…but usually not. I do lunches during my “morning time block” and then we all rush off into our day with “something for lunch.” But it feels like an after thought…probably because of the mad rush out the door that happens every morning.
Lunches are tough because everyone’s situation is different. The boys don’t have reheating options at their schools, but my husband and I can reheat our food. We often end up taking the leftovers or lunches like these below from the freezer. And I end up putting freezer friendly muffins, quick breads or DIY Uncrustables into lunchboxes. By the time lunch rolls around, they are thawed and ready to eat.
If you want to send a warm lunch for your kids, I highly recommend these thermos food jars (16 oz, 10 oz). Reheating, drop in warm…and will still be warm at lunch. Investment upfront, that definitely pays for itself over time!
Hope you enjoy these freezer friendly lunch ideas! 🙂
Check out all 16 Freezer Friendly Lunch Recipes here:
Freezer Friendly Lunch Recipes
Baked Chicken & Spinach Flautas
Freeze in small batches for easy grab-and-go lunches!
BBQ Chicken Topped Potatoes
Tangy BBQ chicken on top of a warm, buttery baked potato.
Beef Tamale Skillet Dinner
I would not freeze this recipe as is, but you could freeze it before adding the tortilla strips. Then reheat and add tortilla strips as directed. If you make this as a 'double' to eat half and freeze half, you will need to make it in a large saucepan or Dutch oven.
Chorizo Black Bean Soup
Flavorful and filling!
Black Bean and Cheese Tacos
An easy grab and go lunch!
Chicken Taco Bake over Chips
Is there anything better than nachos for lunch? Nope.
Cumin Pork Roast with Black Beans
Perfect ingredients for the best tacos!
A little bit of comfort food for lunch!
Orange Peel Thai Chicken
Skip the pricey lunch eats and try this fakeout takeout recipe instead!
A pocket of perfection!
Rice Cooker Hearty Tomato Soup
Hearty, filling, and fresh!
Shredded Beef Sandwiches with Red Cabbage and Apple Slaw
A delightful lunch sandwich!
Sloppy Joe Bowls
Just slightly less messy.
Southwest Macaroni ‘n Cheese
Level up your macaroni with this recipe!
Spicy Southern Chili with Bread Bowls
A delightful chili, served up with a homemade bread bowl!
Stuffed Poblano Peppers
Peppers stuffed with heavenly flavors!
Gluten Free Vegetable and Bean Gumbo
The ultimate comfort food!
Pin all of our 31 Days of FreezEasy Meals here!
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for FreezEasy Meal Supplies:
- Freezer Bags, gallon size
- Freezer Bags, 2 gallon size
- Disposable 9×5 Loaf Pans or Reusable Silicon Freezer Safe/Oven Safe Loaf Pans
- Disposable 9×13 Aluminum Foil Pans or Reusable Silicon Freezer/Oven Safe 9×13 Pan (I’d recommend using a baking sheet with this one when cooking!)
- Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil
- Melamine Mixing Bowls with pouring spout, 3 ct. set (3 qt., 2 qt., and 1 1/2 qt.)
- Dishwasher safe Cutting Boards, set of 4
See all of our 31 Days of FreezEasy Meals here!
Other “31 Days of” Series to check out:
- 31 Days of 5-Ingredient Meals
- 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinners
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Chili, Soups & Stews
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes
- 31 Days of Healthy Snacks
- 31 Days of Holiday Sweets & Treats
- 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Summer Slow Cooker Meals
Leave a Reply