I’ve been on a potato kick lately. Big, big potato kick.
Totally pregnancy related. But still, a big kick.
I think it’s the butter. I generally eat a low-fat diet and I sense that when baby needs to grow and needs some fat, I crave potatoes. Because my body knows that I will slather butter all over them and get some good fat into the potato. (Amazing, I think, how the body knows what it needs!)
I could eat them just like this…loaded up with butter, pepper and a little garlic salt.
But since I have these dudes to feed, I thought I’d throw some BBQ chicken (and cheese onto Steve’s) on top. (Boy’s are dairy-free…still. Last time I tested, we got reactions 🙁 )
So…this is an inexpensive one (potatoes are SO cheap right now!) for all those “meat and potato” mouths you have to feed!
BBQ Chicken Topped Potatoes
- 4-6 baking potatoes (depending on how hungry the crowd is!)
- 1 lb. chicken breasts or thighs
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- Butter, salt and pepper for potatoes
- Shredded Cheese for topping
- 1 lb. baby carrots
- Bake the potatoes in the oven for an hour at 350 degrees. Or in the slow cooker.
- Meanwhile, add the chicken with about 1/2 cup of water and the BBQ sauce to a Dutch oven or saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat for 20 minutes, or until chicken is soft and tender. Remove from heat, let cool slightly, then shred the chicken with 2 forks.
- Once the potatoes are done, add butter and salt and pepper, mix and mash. Top with the shredded BBQ chicken and then cheese.
- Serve BBQ Chicken Potatoes with side of veggies or fruit.
This is a great idea for a lunch too! I put my potatoes in the crockpot. Wash them and put them in the crock pot on high for 2-3 hours and you have baked potatoes. Do not add anything to the crock pot but potatoes.
Sounds yummy! We like to do chili-topped potatoes as our 2nd day meal after I’ve made a crockpot of chili. Bet you’d like that too!
Love your ideas.
Visite Aqui says
It looks awesome! Just loved it!
I love sloppy joe! I first tried when I was in the US. I will try this recipe!
Visitar site says
I love potatoes chicken! thanks.
Importando com Sucesso says
Very very good!
Marcelo Amaral says
wow! ate that last saturday and it was delicious! definetely a great meal for a very affordable price
Bernardo Jacques says
Looks delicious and is cheap! I’ll try
Cool, Thanks for Sharing !!
Love everything that goes with potatos, thanks for sharing.
Site de that Nossa legais Maravilhosas com Dicas, eu amo muito batatas !!
Parabéns belo Publicar !!!
matt medalla says