I love the taste of orange peel Thai simmer sauce on chicken! Have you tried it? It’s bursting with flavor! And, this recipe is easily frozen, which makes it an easy dish for busy weeknights!
Orange Peel Thai Chicken
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 50 minutes
- 2 cups brown or white rice
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 12 oz. jar orange peel Thai simmer sauce
- 16 oz. frozen stir-fry veggies
- Cook the brown rice as directed.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil and then brown the chicken strip pieces. Add the orange peel simmer sauce.
- Cook the frozen veggies as directed and drain as much water off as you can. Stir the cooked veggies into the sauce with the chicken. Let simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Serve Orange Peel Thai Chicken over rice.
Freezer Friendly Instructions: Place the raw chicken pieces, the simmer sauce and the frozen veggies together into a gallon size plastic freezer baggie. Let thaw completely before adding to large skillet and cooking until the chicken is cooked through. Serve over rice.
This recipe is featured on SouthernPlate.com’s Meal Plan Monday #28.