I really don’t know where to start.
Let’s preface it with this: I had no expectations for this past weekend…other than to glean a few nuggets of wisdom from those who “go before me”…and to spend as much time with new and old friends as I could!
I’d say I accomplished all of those things, and had a WONDERFUL time as a result.
Here is the quick version of what I learned from the conference and the panels.
- SEO: I don’t know enough and need to learn more! SEO is search engine optimization. It is not really a concept that has been on my radar until recently. I didn’t go to the session on the topic, as it conflicted with another session. But, I plan on doing my research and seeing how I can improve my SEO!
- Brands: Hearing the many perspectives, from bloggers and PR professionals alike, I now have a clear vision on how I want to work with brands. Will share more on that in a few weeks!
- Value: As women, we don’t place the proper value on ourselves. We don’t value our gifts, talents and abilities as we should. We don’t value our time and skills. I need to spend more time thinking about how I value myself. And what that means for me as a person and a blogger.
- Food Blogs: I need to spend more time reading them. I talked with some of my favorite food bloggers during one of the sessions. There is much to be learned from these women. I don’t read too many food blogs. 2 reasons: 1. They make the most fun dishes (with the most amazing photos!)…most of which are way over $5! and 2. I like to experiment myself and create my own recipes. I don’t want to copy what others have already done!! But, I need to get past that. Plain and simple. There is much to be learned from other food blogs!
- Quote of the Conference: “This is Twitter in real life.” I said this just before heading out to dinner on Friday night. A slew of my Twitter friends were all standing around waiting to take off for dinner. And it hit me. “This is Twitter in real life.” No other way to explain it!
- Book Deal: I am SO fortunate to have this amazing opportunity to share the blog in the form of a cookbook. I came away from that session feeling so blessed to be half way there already! And can’t wait to share the book with you all!!!
Well, this is the one I caught on video! There were really so many highlights. But I’ll share this one!
To be honest, I didn’t know I was going to get to hear Brooke White. I didn’t know she was going to be at one of the parties. I didn’t know where to find her. But Jill did! We took our preggo selves and plopped down right up front on the floor where she was playing. And what a treat! I’ve been a big fan since she was on Idol. I love her voice and the passion in her music. A little taste, if you care to listen!
I truly enjoyed myself at BlogHer. I loved just being there, networking, recapturing the vision of the blog and forming a plan for what’s happening around here!
I love what I’m doing here on the site. I love being able to share with you all. I love being able to connect with you all. I love being able to encourage and inspire you in your grocery shopping adventures. I love sharing dinner with you every night!