Your favorite flavors of fall blended with steel cut oats, cooked to perfection in this Instant Pot Oatmeal recipe!
Around our house, we made a.l.o.t. of oatmeal in the Instant Pot.
It’s our preferred “breakfast” cooked in the Instant Pot, except it’s not usually eaten for breakfast. It’s usually the “2nd dinner” option for the boys.
You see, I can start the Instant Pot on a delayed timer when I’m fixing our regular dinner…and then this is ready later on in the evening…when they inevitably want to eat again. Some nights it’s after a sports practice, and other nights is just because bottomless pits and growth spurts.
Either way, I love how affordable oatmeal is (way cheaper than another bowl of cold cereal!) and this fall flavor edition is super scrumptious.
This is an instant pot recipe you’re definitely gonna want to try!
I’ve got some helpful photos for you, if you’ve never made steel cut oats in your Instant Pot.
As well as a handy little chart about the bottom about “liquids ratios” for the different oats.
AND…in the recipe, you’ll see the 3 different cook times for the different oats.
So, let’s get to it…
Start with water in the Instant Pot insert.
Then stir in the oats. Whichever variety.
Then add in the pumpkin, brown sugar and spices.
Give it a whirl and a swirl.
Close the lid and cook as directed.
Remove the insert quickly (you don’t want the bottom to overcook!)
Serve with some chopped nuts or pecans.
Instant Pot Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal
- 1 cup steel cut oats, quick cook steel oats, or rolled oats
- 2 cups warm water - rolled oats
- 2 1/2 cups warm water - quick cook steel oats
- 3 cups warm water - steel cut oats
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Pinch of salt
- Remove insert from the Instant Pot. Place oats, water, brown sugar, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice and a pinch of salt into the insert. Give it a gentle swirl to combine. Place the insert into the instant pot. Put the lid on and set to Sealing.
- Steel Cut Oats - Manual, High, Adjust to 7 minutes.
- Quick Cook Steel Cut Oats - Manual, High, Adjust to 4 minutes.
- Rolled Oats - Manual, High, Adjust to 4 minutes.
- Quick release, and then open up the Instant Pot and remove insert immediately.
- The oatmeal and any remaining liquid will thicken as it cools. Ladle the oatmeal into bowls and top with nuts or pecans, and swirl in any milk or more sweetener to taste.