Oh my heavens – divine, divine, divine. This Pumpkin Pie French Toast recipe is a MUST TRY in the fall and winter months!
I so wish I’d doubled this recipe for Pumpkin Pie French Toast while I was first making it.
Tripled, or quadrupled even!
These are so scrumptious…perfect for the fall season.
It’s really simple…you just add some pumpkin puree and spices to the egg-milk mixture.
Then make French toast as you would.
The eggs, milk, pumpkin and spices.
It will be thick. Thicker than a “regular” French toast mixture.
They will cook just fine.
Cook in skillet or on griddle.
Grease in between batches too.
This is very important, as the denser egg mixture has more of a tendency to stick!
The flipped side with some drizzles of maple syrup.
With the leftovers, I cut them into “french toast sticks” and froze them.
They freeze beautifully and the kids got to enjoy them for lunch a few days later!
VIDEO: How to Make Pumpkin Pie French Toast
- 12 slices whole wheat sandwich bread
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tsp homemade pumpkin pie spice
- Butter and syrup for serving
- Fresh fruit or smoothie side dish
- Set out the bread for dipping.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, pumpkin and pie spice until smooth.
- Dip each side of the bread and cook on a hot, greased griddle or skillet. Flip after 1 - 2 minutes. Grease well between batches.
- Once all are cooked, serve with butter and maple. And a side of fresh fruit.
- If freezing, let cool completely to reduce freezer burn.
- Enjoy this perfect fall "breakfast for dinner"!
This recipe is featured on Meal Plan Monday #235.