The slow cooker version of our most popular recipe – this slow cooker hashbrown beef bake is divine!
Here is the slow cooker version of our most visited recipe – Hashbrown Beef Bake!
We have adapted it to the slow cooker – please pay close attention to cooking times.
Because of timing, this might be better to slow cook on the weekend, or one a day you’ll be home in the early afternoon.
Or it would make a great lunch for after church.
It’s a few simple ingredients, cooked to perfection in the slow cooker.
Here’s how to make slow cooker hashbrown beef bake…
Add hashbrowns (fresh or frozen), cream of mushroom soup, browned ground beef, seasoning, and milk.
Give it a swirl and mix together…
Flatten it out and put the lid on.
Cook on high for 2 hours, or low for 4 hours.
If you need to cook it longer, I would mix in 1/2 cup beef broth to add some liquid to the slow cooker.
About 10 minutes before cooking cycle ends, it will look like this.
Add the shredded cheese.
And cook for 10-20 more minutes.
Spoon and serve right out of the slow cooker!
Slow Cooker Hashbrown Beef Bake
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 Tbsp minced onion
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 30 oz. frozen or fresh shredded hash browns
- 10 oz. can cream of mushroom soup*
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup beef broth optional for longer cooking
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Salad or fresh veggies side dish
- Open the can of cream of mushroom soup.
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef with the minced onion and garlic powder. Once browned, drain and then add to the base of the slow cooker.
- In the slow cooker base, mix in the shredded hash browns, cream of mushroom soup, and milk (and broth if needed.)
- Cook on high for 2 hours, or low for 4 hours. With 10-20 minutes left in the cooking cycle, add the shredded cheese on top and let melt.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare the salad or fresh veggies.
- Serve Slow Cooker Hashbrown Beef Bake with salad or veggies.
This recipe is featured on Meal Plan Monday #192.