A make-ahead and freezer friendly Hashbrown Beef Bake Recipe – perfect for the meat and potato lovers in your life!
Comfort food at it’s finest!
This one is for my meat and potatoes friends…it’s a freezer friendly hashbrown and beef bake…and it’s to.die.for. This makes a 9×13’s worth, so you’ll have lots of leftovers (well, depending on how many you are serving.)
And I want to say this…I had a taste of these leftovers without warming them up and it was surprisingly delicious!
I think this would also be an amazing breakfast bake…if you made it with ground Italian sausage, instead of ground beef.
Hope you enjoy this hashbrown bake – for dinner, for breakfast, or even as chilled leftovers 😉
Hashbrown Beef Bake
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 30 minutes
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 Tbsp minced onion
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 30 oz. frozen shredded hash browns
- 10 oz. can cream of mushroom soup (homemade cream of mushroom soup here)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Salad or fresh veggies, as side dish
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Open the can of cream of mushroom soup.
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef with the minced onion and garlic powder. Once browned, drain and then mix in the shredded hash browns, cream of mushroom soup, milk plus half of the shredded cheese.
- Pour into a baking dish and top with remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until warmed through and cheese on top is melted. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare the salad or fresh veggies.
- Serve Hashbrown Beef Bake with salad or veggies.