From Pot to Bowl: Crafting Creamy and Delicious Pureed Soups at Home!
In this episode, I’m teaching the ins and outs of making the best pureed soups plus how to avoid a blender volcano!
New cooking videos are released weekly, so please Like this Video & Subscribe to the $5 Dinners Channel!
Video: How to Make Pureed Triple Squash Soup
Featured Products: How to Cook Soup & Chili
Recipe: Triple Squash Soup
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 1 orange, zest and juiced
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 small acorn squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 yellow summer squash, diced
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a Dutch oven or large saucepan, heat the olive oil and saut the sliced green onions for one minute.
- Add the orange juice and one teaspoon orange zest.
- Add the cubed butternut, acorn squash and the diced yellow squash and toss with the orange juice.
- Pour in the broth and four cups of water along with the nutmeg.
- Bring to a rolling boil, then reduce the heat to medium and cover and cook for 20 to 25 minutes or until the squash cubes are fork tender.
- Pour into blender or food processor and puree. Return to Dutch oven and keep over low heat until ready to serve, or serve immediately after pureeing.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and let it cool slightly before serving.
- Serve and warm up that tummy and soul!