Savor the Flavor: The Ultimate Guide to Cooking a Delectable Roast
Learn how the Slow Cooker and Instant Pot will help make the best and most perfect slice-able and shreddable roasts!
New cooking videos are released weekly, so please Like this Video & Subscribe to the $5 Dinners Channel!
Video: How to Make Perfect Beef or Pork Roasts
Featured Products: How to Make Perfect Beef or Pork Roasts
Recipe: Slow Cooker Mississippi Beef Roast
- 2 lb. beef roast
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup pepperoncini peppers, drained
- Optional: baby potatoes or quartered gold or red potatoes; carrot sticks
- Place the beef roast into the base of the slow cooker and pour the beef stock around it.
- Sprinkle the ranch dressing mix directly onto the beef roast, coating it well. Add the butter, cut into 4 "pads" directly onto the ranch-coated beef roast.
- Place the pepperoncini peppers on top of the beef roast. If you are adding potatoes and/or carrots, place them around and on top of the beef roast as well.
- Set on low and cook for 8 hours.
- Remove the roast from the slow cooker and slice or shred the meat. If desired, strain 1 cup of the liquid and skim off the fat. Place in small saucepan and thicken with 1 to 2 Tbsp cornstarch to make gravy.
- Serve Mississippi Beef Roast with potatoes, carrots, salad or other favorite side dish.