When Chicken and Rice Night collides with TACO TUESDAY you get to enjoy this scrumptious Dump & Bake Taco Chicken!
Love the easy and convenience of dump and bake chicken and rice casserole.
This variation calls for a can of cream of poblano soup, and if you can’t find that at your store, you can swap it for cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup instead.
Once the chicken and rice are baked, you can add your favorite “taco toppings” like cheese, sour cream, salsa, pico de gallo, or guacamole!
- 2 cups uncooked white rice
- 1 10 oz. can cream of POBLANO soup see notes
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning 1 packet
- 10 to 12 chicken tenderloins or 4 thin sliced chicken breasts
- shredded cheddar cheese garnish
- sour cream garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Evenly spread the uncooked rice into the baking dish. Nestle the chicken tenderloins or chicken breasts into a single layer.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the cream of poblano soup with the chicken stock, and taco seasoning. Once mixed well, pour over the chicken and rice.
- Wrap the baking dish tightly with foil and bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and rice is fork tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve Dump and Bake Taco Chicken with shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream garnish.