I had good intentions of sharing this before it actually happened. Here we are and I’m mostly finished with this batch cooking list. I had an overly productive weekend, both around the house and in the kitchen. That tends to happen right before I leave town.
This week, I’ll spend most of the week and weekend in Colorado Springs at the Savvy Blogging Summit. I had to do quite a bit to get prepared for the week!
Also, I received 40 lbs of chicken from Zaycon Foods (you’ll be hearing more about this soon)…and I needed to get it all marinated, some grilled, and into the freezer.
- Batch grill chicken – 12 meals worth
- Marinate chicken in freezer bags – 13 meals worth
- Make Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
- Make Lemon Poppyseed Muffins with Strawberries
- Make and Freeze GF Pizza Crust
- Make and Freeze GF Pancakes – Triple Batch
- Make and Freeze Whole Wheat Pancakes – Double Batch
- Peel and Freeze Oranges and Apples for Smoothies
It feels great to have accomplished so much in the kitchen over the weekend…squeezed in between washing clothes, packing, scouring the clearance racks at the Gap for a new outfit for the Summit (yeah for 50% off clearance sale!)…and now I’m going to sit down, plop my feet up and rest.
For 3 minutes.
Because there’s more on my “to do” list that needs my attention…
(Who else feels busier in the summer than in the school year?!?)
Now go see what the rest of the Summertime Pantry Challenge Gang is up to…