Sandy beaches, sunshine, and fresh pineapple, sounds delightful right? I went to Hawaii a few years back and was spoiled by all the fresh pineapple. When I returned I can now hardly eat pineapple because it does not compare to the taste of Hawaiian pineapple.
This past week, I took the pineapple plunge, and purchased a pineapple from our local grocery store. It was good, not Hawaii good, but still good. I started to think of how I could fix the pineapple and different recipes to include it in. One of those recipes turned into White Chocolate Pineapple Muffins, which is now my new favorite muffin.
White Chocolate Pineapple Muffins
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 3/4 Cup Milk
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 1 Cup Pineapple Chunks
- ½ Cup White Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 375*.
- Mix the milk, egg, and vanilla then slowly stir in all remaining ingredients until mixed well.
- Spray the muffin pans with non stick cooking spray and add a tablespoonful of the batter to each. This makes about 1 ½ dozen muffins.
- These will bake for about 15 minutes.
Take a bite and dream about sunshine and sandy beaches!
Kristy blogs about her love/hate relationship with cooking at Mommy Hates Cooking. She posts recipes
daily and shares the good, the bad, and the ugly of learning to cook. She is a part-time working mom to
an energized toddler, and wife to a husband who is enjoying all her cooking.