This is a fun, different lunch box idea. Make your own “Lunchable-style” pizza kits! I first make a big batch of pizza crusts using my bread machine. Then freeze them on a cookie sheet. Then store the crusts on a cookie sheet. I pull as many pizza crusts as I need the morning of. They thaw in my daughter’s lunchbox before lunch!
I pack a little cheese (and/or vegetables, pepperoni, etc) with another little cup of pizza sauce and a spoon. Then my daughter makes her own pizza in the cafeteria. A fun, frugal lunch!
“Make Your Own Mini Pizzas”
- 1 batch of your favorite pizza dough (Erin’s favorite recipe)
- Mozzarella cheese, pizza sauce and any other favorite pizza toppings
- Make pizza dough as directed.
- Divide pizza dough into mini crust sizes. Bake as directed (watch carefully as the crusts will likely need to bake for less time than your original recipe calls for).
- Freeze mini pizza crusts for 20 minutes on a baking sheet.
- Store pizza crusts in freezer bag.
- On morning of, take out 1-2 mini-pizza crusts. Pack with cheese, toppings and pizza sauce for a Lunchable-style make your own pizzas!