I had a hard time concentrating on this trip…not because it’s 20 degrees outside, not because I had Tyler asleep in the sling, not because I ran into 2 friends in the store and stopped to chat…but because the store was CRAZY crowded for 1 pm on a Monday afternoon. I’ve never seen it so crowded at that hour before…reason…impending snow storm. I think people were planning on being stuck inside for 2 weeks, they way people were acting! 😉
Nevertheless, I didn’t go horribly overbudget…but I will be playing catchup for the second half of January…trying to pull in under $240 for the month!
Here’s my haul…
- 2 $.18 Softsoaps – $.68 sale price and used $.50/2 manufacturer’s coupon that came in Kroger best customer coupons, doubled to $1
- 4 $.50 cans corn and peas
- 2 $3.69 Coconut milk – used BOGO coupon – ABSOLTELY love the flavor that it gives to our smoothies
- 8 boxes of cereal and granola bars for $1.12 each! Sale, coupons and Get 1 Cinnamon Chex free wyb 3 other participating products
- 2 Colgate toothpastes – $1 sale plus $.50/1 newspaper coupons that doubled
- Bananas, oranges, $2 berries, $2 cantaloupe, $2 lettuce (after sale and store coupon)
- 2 pkgs chicken breasts = $1.88/lb
- 1 4 lb pork tenderloin = $1.88/lb (I will turn this tenderloin into 3 meals.)
Other Coupons Used
- Store coupons for apple juice, basmati brown rice, both bags of pretzels, Cascadian farms organic cereal, and $2 off $10 purchase of meats/chicken/pork
Total spent at Kroger: $72.13
Total for the month: $64.14 + $72.13 = $136.27
Thanks to Andrea at Savings Lifestyle and Marcy at Stretching a Buck for posting the best deals and coupon matchups at my stores each week! Find the coupon match-ups for your grocery store at The Frugal Map!