We’re back to our $60/week budget after 2 months of $50/week. After months of playing around with my grocery budget, it seems that $60/week seems to by the magic number!
Last week I went WAY over my allotment…as I needed to stock up on some of the several more expensive items like olive oil, toilet paper and a big box of trash bags.
This week is a much better week for deals, although I still went over my intended budget. *sigh*
- 4 $.67 Green Giant Steamers – coupon here
- $.19 Muir Glen tomato paste – coupon here
- 2 $2.00 GF Chex cereals – coupon in this week’s paper and another here
- BOGO English muffins
- $2 Pineapple (2…1 to eat, the other to use to make pina colada popsicles)
- $1.28 Cantaloupe
- $1.48 broccoli
- $.98/lb peaches (not the best price, but it works for now)
- $1.99/lb chicken breasts – stocking up for this week’s batch grilling
Total spent at Kroger: $69.13
Total for last week’s trip: $78-ish
Find the coupon match-ups for your grocery store at The Frugal Map!