Thank you all for your patience with me in getting this plan together! We ran into a few hiccups…then I was out of town for several weeks…then I discovered that I forgot an ingredient in the total, etc. But it’s here…it’s done…and it’s ready for you!!!
Notes & Disclaimers about this Gluten Free Plan
- Yes, I realize this makes for $7.85 dinners…but they are gluten free…pennies more expensive, but still really cheap! Meat at Costco is more expensive than sale prices at grocery stores, and many argue that the quality is better. That explains that!
- Meals are for a family of 4. Larger families, or families with teenagers will need to adjust quantities.
- Meals are as kid friendly, family friendly as possible, and all are gluten free. As always, you are responsible for reading labels and ensuring that everything is Gluten Free.
- I would expect you to have some ingredients needed for the different recipes in your pantry, like spices, balsamic vinegar, etc. In the recipe/ingredient list below, I’ve only included the ingredients from the Costco purchase list. In the printables, I include a more detailed breakdown of the ingredients you’ll need from your pantry, or the store.
- Finally, please check the Costco Store Deals list, complete with updated store coupons and any matching coupons or savings offers. This list is updated weekly and is available in the new Favado grocery savings app too!
Important note about the BBQ Sauce pictured above…in my haste, I picked up the wrong brand…as the one pictured contains modified food starch which of course is gluten. In the notes below and prices and list, I’ve included the Stubb’s brand in the shopping list and price list, which doesn’t contain any gluten! Wanted to clarify!
In order to keep this plan simple and make the most of the different ingredient sizes (hello, 15 lbs. of potatoes & 100 tortillas!!!), I decided to do 10 meals times two plus one.
- Chicken Enchilada Casserole with corn x2
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup x2
- Orange Glazed Pork Chops with mashed potatoes and veggies x2
- Slow Cooker Sweet Potato and Chicken Curry x2
- Shepherd’s Pie x2
- Beef Tamale Skillet Dinner with veggies x2
- Southwest Rice Pilaf x2
- Ranch Chicken and Potato Casserole with veggies x2
- BBQ Chicken Street Tacos with rice and corn x2
- Basil Balsamic Chicken with rice & veggies x2
- Sloppy Joe Bowls
21 Total Meals y’all!!!!!
Ingredients & Price List
- 6 pack boneless skinless chicken breast – $20.51
- 6 pack boneless skinless chicken thighs – $21.46
- Boneless pork chops, 8 count – $20.87
- 5.88 lb. ground beef – $18.76
- 15 lb. gold potatoes – $8.49
- 6.5 lb. sweet potatoes – $5.99
- 100 count corn tortillas – $3.19
- 12 lb. organic brown rice -$14.79 (or 4 lb. red quinoa – $9.99)
- 5 lb. organic baby carrots – $5.49
- 6 pack red peppers – $5.99
- 5 lb. organic frozen green beans – $6.79
- 5 lb. organic frozen corn – $5.99
- 5 lb. organic frozen mixed vegetables – $6.69
- 4 lb. organic frozen broccoli – $6.29
- 12 pack tomato sauce, 15 oz. cans – $7.59
- 2 pack Stubb’s brand BBQ sauce, 36 oz. – $6.99
- 8 pack chicken stock, quart size – $9.99
- 2 lb. block Colby Jack cheese – $5.99
Total – $181.83
- 3 cans tomato sauce
- 4 qt. chicken broth
- Frozen mixed vegetables, 4 meals worth
- Baby carrots, 2-3 meals worth
- About 40 corn tortillas
- LOTS of rice!!!!!
Estimated cost savings from the leftovers – $20
Total After Leftovers $162
Other GF Products sold at Costco
These products are not featured in this plan, just thought it would be helpful for those who don’t have memberships, or who haven’t seen these yet in Costco stores.
- Udi’s gluten free loaf bread, 20 oz. – $6.79
- Honeyville Gluten Free Almond Flour, 3 lbs – $18.99
- Namaste gluten free baking mix, 5 lb. bag - price unknown, my store is out of stock at the moment!
We Make It Simple with Printables…
While we have all the content free above that you could piece together, we thought we’d simplify the process for you. This printable has the complete grocery shopping list (with south TX Costco prices), as well as complete recipes with ingredients broken down to make it easy for you. It also includes all the pantry staples and any additional grocery store items you might need to grab, if you don’t already have them.
All in one place y’all!
This is worth gold when it comes to saving time in preparing to shop and cook your meals. Well, maybe not gold…but way more than $1.49!!! Haha!
Costco Gluten Free Plan
GET ALL THREE PLANS AT ONCE BY CLICKING EACH OF THE BUTTONS!
Costco Regular Plan #1
Costco Regular Plan #2
Join the $5 Meal Plan Family & sign up for weekly meals plans at 5DollarMealPlan.com!