THE $5 Dinner Challenge is coming…the first week of December! Starting in December, I will post a Mr. Linky every Monday night for you to share your $5 Dinner Challenge meals!
In these trying economic times, we could all use a little more frugal meal inspiration! I am always looking for new meal ideas that are not only frugal, but also healthy and nutritious!
$5 Dinner Challenge Guidelines
1. The $5 Dinner Challenge is open to ANYONE. If you have a blog, you can link your $5 Dinner Challenge post to Mr. Linky. If you do not have a blog, please feel free to post your frugal and healthy dinner idea in the comments section.
2. You are NOT limited to $5! I encourage you to set a dollar amount based on the size of your family and the prices in your region. This is a challenge for YOU! Get those creative frugal juices flowing!
3. Please do not feel like you have to do the cost breakdown if you don’t remember all the prices! I would love to hear about some of the deals you are finding on some of the products that you use to make the meal. (And a quick nutrition note…please refrain from posting unhealthy meals like hot dogs or frozen pizza rolls.)
4. To keep things simple for others who wish to learn about your favorite frugal meal, please post the link to your recipe, NOT to your homepage. To do this, click on your dinner post, copy and paste the whole url address into the Mr. Linky.
5. When posting into Mr. Linky, please leave your name and your dinner idea as follows…
$5 Dinner Mom (Rice and Bean Soup).
6. I would appreciate it if you would use the image above (coming soon…I’m working on it!) in your post, although you are not obligated. If you’d like to use it, simply save the image to your hard drive and attach it into your dinner post. I do, however, ask that you post a link back to $5 Dinners.
7. I will post this no later than 10 pm EST on Monday evening.
Make it your goal to make a healthy, well balanced and frugal dinner on Monday night so you can share it with us all on Tuesday