This meal will satisfy the heartiest of appetites and the pickiest eaters!
Makes 4 generous servings
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 60 minutes
- ½ lb. breakfast sausage, browned and drained ($1.50)
- 1 box cornbread mix ($ .35)
- 1/3 cup milk ($ .11)
- 1 egg ($ .10)
- 1 large zucchini, shredded, about 1 ½ cups ($ .59)
- ½ cup cheddar, shredded ($ .33)
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees. Mix all ingredients together until just blended. Place in greased 8×8 casserole dish. Bake 35-45 minutes.
- Serve with black-eyed peas for a Southern touch! ($ .55 for a can)
I guess it’s no surprise…that delicious and nutritious food doesn’t have to break the bank!
About Tristin: I am a Christian, wife, and mom who is trying her best to live a simple and fulfilling life. I want my life to be rich–not in monetary terms–but rich in love, family, friends and laughter. Tristin blogs at Spartan Living.