So. My boys ask for pancakes EVERY.SINGLE.WEEKEND. morning. (Not kidding.)
It’s like it’s they are programmed to ask for them every Saturday and Sunday. If our schedule allows (like, no early soccer games!), then I’m usually willing to help them make the pancakes and supervise (read, referee) the pancake flipping that has to happen.
But there are some mornings when mama just isn’t feeling it. And on those mornings, we do crepes. (With store-bought crepes!)
(While I’m normally one to say “make your own” with recipes like this one, making crepes is an art and takes A LOT of practice, skill and the right tools. To do it right. For now, we go with the store bought crepes!)
With these babies, we’re making our own whipped cream with cream and honey. Keep the sugar content low. Mix in some fresh strawberries and BAM. EASY Saturday morning brekkie when mama doesn’t feel like making pancakes 😉
This is what you need.
Whip the cream in a stand mixer or with hand mixer. Toss with the cut strawberries.
Then, let the kids make their own crepes from here.
Use any fresh fruit or combo of fresh fruit! Happy crepe-ing!
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 2 cups chopped fresh strawberries, divided
- 8 store bought crepes (or make your own, if you wish to try!)
- Beat whipping cream and honey with a mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Stir in 1 cup of the chopped strawberries.
- Spoon into prepared crepes and fold or roll.
- Top with additional fresh strawberries.
- Serve Strawberry Crepes on busy (or lazy!) weekend morning! (Great for snacks too!)
Pin all of our 31 Days of Kid Friendly Recipes here!
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for Supplies to Help Make these Recipes:
- Wilton 24 Cavity Pumpkin Silicon Mold
- Individual Brownie Bar Pan, 24 cavities
- Mini Loaf Pan, 8 cavities
- Classic Round Waffle Maker
- 6 inch Bamboo Skewers, 100 ct
- Ghirardelli Chocolate Dark Melting Wafers, 12 oz.
- Washburn Dad’s Wrapped Root Beer Barrels, 2 lbs.
See all of our 31 Days of Kid Friendly Recipes here!
Other 31 Days of Series to check out:
- 31 Days of 5-Ingredient Meals
- 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinners
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Chili, Soups & Stews
- 31 Days of FreezEasy Meals
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes
- 31 Days of Healthy Snacks
- 31 Days of Holiday Sweets & Treats
- 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Summer Slow Cooker Meals
Leave a Reply