I am a HUGE fan of “dumping” together fun baked recipes like this! I love mixing and matching dried fruit, nuts and seeds into trail mixes…especially after the holiday baking season.
(Now is the best time to save on baking ingredients – so STOCK UP!)
This resulted from a fun mix and match of goodies I had in the baking cabinet, and a fun homemade fudgy recipe on my friend Toni’s website!
<3 -ing these trail mix brownies, and I hope you do too!
Trail Mix Brownies
Adapted from: Dark Chocolate Fudge Brownies at The Happy Housewife
Yield – 24 servings
Preparation Time – 25 minutes
Cooking Time – 32 minutes
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (or make your own vanilla here!)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups trail mix, divided
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- Prepare a 9 x 13 inch pan by lining it with parchment paper. Spray the parchment with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the butter, coconut oil, sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Stir.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Stir just until they pull together. There will still be a few clumps.
- Add the chocolate chips and 1 cup of trail mix and stir.
- Pour the batter into the lined pan and sprinkle evenly with the remaining trail mix. Press the trail mix into the batter a little.
- Bake for 32 minutes. The batter will be barely set in the middle. Do not do a toothpick test. If you jiggle the pan and see the middle move, then put it back in the oven for about 2 minutes.
- Allow the brownies to cool in the pan for 15 minutes. If you remove them too early, they’ll fall apart. Let them set up in the pan a little while.
- Remove the brownies from the pan by using the parchment as handles. Move the brownies and parchment to a cooling rack.
- Serve Trail Mix Brownies warm or cool.
Pin all of our 31 Days of Kid Friendly Recipes here!
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for Supplies to Help Make these Recipes:
- Wilton 24 Cavity Pumpkin Silicon Mold
- Individual Brownie Bar Pan, 24 cavities
- Mini Loaf Pan, 8 cavities
- Classic Round Waffle Maker
- 6 inch Bamboo Skewers, 100 ct
- Ghirardelli Chocolate Dark Melting Wafers, 12 oz.
- Washburn Dad’s Wrapped Root Beer Barrels, 2 lbs.
See all of our 31 Days of Kid Friendly Recipes here!
Other “31 Days of” Series to check out:
- 31 Days of 5-Ingredient Meals
- 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinners
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Chili, Soups & Stews
- 31 Days of FreezEasy Meals
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes
- 31 Days of Healthy Snacks
- 31 Days of Holiday Sweets & Treats
- 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Summer Slow Cooker Meals