I’m not sure I’ve ever had a more flavorful beef roast from the slow cooker. I think it’s the combo of the ranch, the deep flavors from the beef broth and the tangy juices from the pepperoncini peppers that slowly seep into the beef, as it cooks all day long.
Seriously, this beef roast will knock your socks off!
I used homemade Ranch dressing mix in place of the packet (because I had some mix on hand), but the packet is the easiest option and will keep it at 4 ingredients. What are those ingredients?
- A beef roast
- A packet of Ranch dressing mix
- Some pepperoncini peppers
- Beef stock
And a 5th ingredient could be cornstarch, if you wished to thicken up any of the juices to make a simple gravy. Also, you could slip in some baby potatoes, quartered gold or red potatoes and some carrots if you wanted to cook your entire meal in the slow cooker!
- 2 lb. beef roast
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup pepperoncini peppers, drained
- Optional: baby potatoes or quartered gold or red potatoes; carrot sticks
- Place the beef roast into the base of the slow cooker and pour the beef stock around it.
- Sprinkle the ranch dressing mix directly onto the beef roast, coating it well.
- Place the pepperoncini peppers on top of the beef roast. If you are adding potatoes and/or carrots, place them around and on top of the beef roast as well.
- Set on low and cook for 8 hours.
- Remove the roast from the slow cooker and slice or shred the meat. If desired, strain 1 cup of the liquid and skim off the fat. Place in small saucepan and thicken with 1 to 2 Tbsp cornstarch to make gravy.
- Serve Mississippi Beef Roast with potatoes, carrots, salad or other favorite side dish.
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for 5-Ingredient Meal Supplies:
- Long-Handle Wooden Measuring Spoons, set of 4
- 6 oz. glass custard cups, set of 4
- Dishwasher safe Cutting Boards, set of 4
- Knife Set with Block, 7 piece set (my FAVORITE knives)
- Rubbermaid Food Storage Containers with lids, 42 piece set
See all of our 31 Days of 5-Ingredient Meals here!
Other 31 Days of Series to check out:
- 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinners
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Chili, Soups & Stews
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes
- 31 Days of Healthy Snacks
- 31 Days of Holiday Sweets & Treats
- 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Summer Slow Cooker Meals