we have a new favorite after school snack.
The first time I made this, the boys were super confused as to why I had 2 pots (the double boiler) sitting together on the stove. I’ve used them many times before, but they never noticed until now. We had a quick little science lesson about the double boiler, how it worked and why the chocolate needed to be melted in this way.
They were fascinated…both watching the chocolate melt, and having a lick of the melted chocolate, and ultimately, chowing down on these chips.
These are so easy…and your little people (and you!) won’t have any trouble polishing off the entire tray. At least, we didn’t. 😉
Super simple to make and takes about 10-15 minutes for the chocolate to cool and harden.
Chocolate Covered Potato Chips
Yield – 8 snack servings
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 5 minutes
- 1 small bag kettle potato chips
- 7 oz. bag dark chocolate melting wafers
- Course sea salt, optional
- Spread the potato chips onto rimmed baking sheet.
- In a double boiler, heat the dark chocolate melting wafers and stir until the chocolate is smooth and melted.
- Drizzle the chocolate over the potato chips. If the chips aren’t too salty, then add some cracked coarse sea salt over the top of the chocolate before it hardens.
- Let sit about 10 to 15 minutes, allowing chocolate to harden.
- Serve Chocolate Covered Potato Chips.
Pin all of our 31 Days of Kid Friendly Recipes here!
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for Supplies to Help Make these Recipes:
- Wilton 24 Cavity Pumpkin Silicon Mold
- Individual Brownie Bar Pan, 24 cavities
- Mini Loaf Pan, 8 cavities
- Classic Round Waffle Maker
- 6 inch Bamboo Skewers, 100 ct
- Ghirardelli Chocolate Dark Melting Wafers, 12 oz.
- Washburn Dad’s Wrapped Root Beer Barrels, 2 lbs.
See all of our 31 Days of Kid Friendly Recipes here!
Other “31 Days of” Series to check out:
- 31 Days of 5-Ingredient Meals
- 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinners
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Chili, Soups & Stews
- 31 Days of FreezEasy Meals
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes
- 31 Days of Healthy Snacks
- 31 Days of Holiday Sweets & Treats
- 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Summer Slow Cooker Meals