we have a new favorite after school snack.
The first time I made this, the boys were super confused as to why I had 2 pots (the double boiler) sitting together on the stove. I’ve used them many times before, but they never noticed until now. We had a quick little science lesson about the double boiler, how it worked and why the chocolate needed to be melted in this way.
They were fascinated…both watching the chocolate melt, and having a lick of the melted chocolate, and ultimately, chowing down on these chips.
These are so easy…and your little people (and you!) won’t have any trouble polishing off the entire tray. At least, we didn’t. 😉
Super simple to make and takes about 10-15 minutes for the chocolate to cool and harden.
Chocolate Covered Potato Chips
- 1 bag potato chips
- 12 oz. bag dark, semi-sweet or milk chocolate morsels
- Line a baking sheet with wax or parchment paper. Spread the potato chips into a single layer on the baking sheet.
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate chips. Stir often.
- Once the chocolate is smooth and fully melted, drizzle all over the potato chips.
- Let cool for about an hour. Enjoy!
See all of our 31 Days of Kid Friendly Recipes here!
Other “31 Days of ” Series to check out:
- 31 Days of 5-Ingredient Meals
- 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinners
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Chili, Soups & Stews
- 31 Days of FreezEasy Meals
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes
- 31 Days of Healthy Snacks
- 31 Days of Holiday Sweets & Treats
- 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Summer Slow Cooker Meals
Leave a Reply