I <3 dips. Like, really love them. I love making them, I love dunking veggies into them, I love the crunchy-creamy combo of a snack like this!
Dips make for great appetizers…and even a simple dinner on a hot summer evening. A ‘dip bar’ is a great way to do an easy, no-cook dinner. Just serve a dip like this with some veggies, along with a dip like this with some Naan bread, or pita chips, or pita bread. Boom, a no-cook, simple and tasty dinner!
For this dip shown above, I used my homemade ranch dressing mix and it is simply superb. The dip is 3 ingredients – smashed avo, yogurt and ranch dressing mix. Plus a little salt and pepper to your taste…and it wouldn’t hurt to add extra garlic either 😉
Ripe Avocado Tip
Tip for you…when you have a ripe avocado, squish it in your hands before you score it and open it up. Then when you do open it, all you have to do is slide it into the yogurt and stir it up. No need for a fork to mash it…and that’s one less thing to wash!
This squash it in your hand before you open it trick works brilliantly too for making the perfect chunky guacamole. H/T to my friends Paula & Will from Afford Anything for this genius idea!
If you aren’t sure how to choose a ripe avocado, check out the full details here.
Happy snacking, or appetizering, or dinnering with this amazing Avocado Ranch Dip!
Avocado Ranch Dip
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix or 2 Tbsp homemade ranch dressing mix
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Veggie crudites carrot sticks or baby carrots, celery sticks, bell peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, grape tomatoes
- In a small mixing bowl, mash the avocado and stir in the yogurt. Mix in the ranch dressing spices and combine well.
- Serve Avocado Ranch Dip with favorite dipping veggies.
Pin all of our 31 Days of Healthy Snack Recipes here!
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for Healthy Snacks Supplies:
- Apple Corer
- Flexible Cutting Boards, 4 pack
- Snack size Baggies, 90 ct, 3 pack
- Avocado Cutter (splits, pits, and slices!)
- Muffin Tins, 12 cup
- Sandwich Knife & Condiment Spreader
See all of our 31 Days of Healthy Snack Recipes here!
Other 31 Days of Series to check out:
- 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinners
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Chili, Soups & Stews
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes
- 31 Days of Holiday Sweets & Treats
- 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals