If you want a quick escape to the Greek isles, then whip up this dip, take a few bites and whisk away in your imagination. Visualize the picturesque blue turquoise ocean, the brilliant sun shining all around, as you enjoy this creamy and delightful snack!
Use a low fat/low cal Greek yogurt to keep the calories down on this one…you’re going to want to because it’s definitely a ‘you can’t just eat a few bites’ kinda dip.
Consider yourself warned.
This dip is perfectly fresh, light, delicious and would be a fantastic appetizer for Thanksgiving Day! (If you’re like our family and enjoy your feast in the middle of the afternoon, this is perfect for when you get a hunger pang around noon when you normally eat lunch! It’ll cure that hunger pang, but won’t fill you up too much either!)
Yield – 4 snack servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 0 minutes
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup Greek yogurt, plain
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- dash of ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint (optional)
- Remove the seeds from the cucumber. To do this, slice the cucumber in half and scrape out the seeds with a spoon.
- Grate the cucumber and wrap the shreds in a paper towel and squeeze to remove most of the moisture.
- Mix together cucumber with remaining ingredients.
- Serve with Food Should Taste Good Sea Salt Brown Rice Crackers for gluten free snack, or with pita bread or naan for regular diet snack!