This is like my dream breakfast. Partly because of the ingredients and flavors involved. And partly because it’s just perfectly balanced. And partly because it’s uber healthy…all ‘whole foods.’
- Whole wheat bread
- Avocado & lime
It’s just the ultimate in breakfast toast. It’s “magical,” as my husband calls it.
And, don’t forget my easy avocado trick to make preparing the smashed avocado even easier!
Also, one quick comment before we get to the recipe…this would be an amazing gluten free breakfast, when you use gluten free sandwich bread. I’m not a huge fan of gluten-free sandwich bread because it’s just…well, it’s just not quite the same. BUT…when you toast it and load on toppings like this avocado or loads of butter, it’s much more palatable. 😉
So if you need a GF breakfast alternative, I would definitely recommend trying this on GF sandwich bread!
It looks exactly like how you’d make it…just don’t forget the lime juice for the avocado. Deets in the recipe below…
The Ultimate Breakfast Toast
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 5 minutes
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 small ripe avocadoes
- 1 tsp lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp oil
- 4 eggs, fried
- Salsa or hot sauce, topping
- Fresh fruit, as side dish
- Toast the bread.
- While the bread is toasting, mix up the mashed avocado with lime juice and a little salt and pepper.
- In a small skillet, warm the oil and then fry the eggs, until yolk is cooked to your preference.
- Assemble toast with bread, avocado spread, egg and salsa or hot sauce on top.
- Serve the Ultimate Breakfast Toast with some fresh fruit.
Pin all of our 31 Days of Healthy Snack Recipes here!
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for Healthy Snacks Supplies:
- Apple Corer
- Flexible Cutting Boards, 4 pack
- Snack size Baggies, 90 ct, 3 pack
- Avocado Cutter (splits, pits, and slices!)
- Muffin Tins, 12 cup
- Sandwich Knife & Condiment Spreader
See all of our 31 Days of Healthy Snack Recipes here!
Other “31 Days of” Series to check out:
- 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinners
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Chili, Soups & Stews
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes
- 31 Days of Holiday Sweets & Treats
- 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals