Yes, it’s that simple.
I’ve been experimenting with all kinds of fun sauces on the Asian aisle the past few months. Mostly for testing new MyFreezEasy recipes, but also because they are so delicious!!!
With this recipe, you saute the bell peppers in a little oil. You could add some diced onion, since we still have room for 1 more ingredient in our 5-ingredients or less criteria! Once they soften a little bit, toss in the pre-cooked meatballs (thaw them, if they were frozen) and let them warm up a bit before dousing it all in the delicious sweet n spicy sauce.
My guess is there are a number of different options at your grocery store for the sauce – just look at the products available in the Asian section and find a sauce that is sweet and has a little kick. You could also do a sweet n sour sauce and toss in some crushed red pepper too.
Also – where to find pre-made meatballs??? Depends on the store -Â I’dÂ look in the fresh meat case, the prepared meat case (like near the hot dogs or bacon) or in the freezer section. (If you have a Costco membership, look for the Aidell’s Teriyaki meatballs or the Mango Habanero meatballs…either would be perfect for this meal!)
Sweet 'n Spicy Meatballs
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- (Optional: 1 small white onion)
- 1 lb. pre-cooked meatballs
- 12 oz. jar sweet 'n spicy or sweet n' sour sauce
- Rice, as side dish
- Eggrolls, as side dish
- Cook rice, as directed.
- Heat the eggrolls, as directed.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat the oil and saute the bell peppers (and onion.) Add the meatballs to warm them through. (Note: if you get raw meatballs, you'll need to cook/brown them a little longer so they cook through before serving.)
- Pour the sauce over the top and coat the meatballs and veggies. Let simmer for 5 to 10 minutes to allow flavors to mingle together.
- Serve Sweet 'n Spicy Meatballs over rice with some eggrolls.
Pin all of our 31 Days of 5-Ingredient Meals here!
Erinâ€™s Personal Recommendations for 5-Ingredient Meal Supplies:
- Long-Handle Wooden Measuring Spoons, set of 4
- 6 oz. glass custard cups, set of 4
- Dishwasher safe Cutting Boards, set of 4
- Knife Set with Block, 7 piece set (my FAVORITE knives)
- Rubbermaid Food Storage Containers with lids, 42 piece set
See all of our 31 Days of 5-Ingredient Meals here!
Other â€œ31 Days ofâ€ Series to check out:
- 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinners
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Chili, Soups & Stews
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes
- 31 Days of Healthy Snacks
- 31 Days of Holiday Sweets & Treats
- 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Summer Slow Cooker Meals