My boys are obsessed with our air popper. (It’s very similar to this one…we’ve had it since our wedding and use it all the time.)
I think they love the popper because of the anticipation of the popcorn pouring out of the popper. They may or may not have said some inappropriate boys things about the popper peeing out popcorn and such. (Sorry, I live in a house full of testosterone and sometimes I just have to get these obnoxious things they say off my chest!)
This Smoky Popcorn is amazing…it’s super light, uses a smidge of butter so that the spices will stick to the popcorn, and has the perfect balance of salt, smoke and spice. Make this for your next family movie night!
P.S. This could work with bag popcorn or by cooking popcorn on the stove top. Just add the spices suggested below to your popcorn.
- 1/4 cup popping corn
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp black lava salt (or regular salt will work)
- 1/4 tsp ground chipotle powder
- 1/4 tsp ground smoked paprika
- Cook the popcorn in your air popper. You could also choose to cook the popcorn on the stovetop in a teaspoon of coconut oil.
- In a small dish, melt the butter and mix in the remaining spices.
- Stir the butter mixture into the popcorn and enjoy!
Pin all of our 31 Days of Healthy Snack Recipes here!
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for Healthy Snacks Supplies:
- Apple Corer
- Flexible Cutting Boards, 4 pack
- Snack size Baggies, 90 ct, 3 pack
- Avocado Cutter (splits, pits, and slices!)
- Muffin Tins, 12 cup
- Sandwich Knife & Condiment Spreader
See all of our 31 Days of Healthy Snack Recipes here!
Other 31 Days of Series to check out:
- 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinners
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Chili, Soups & Stews
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes
- 31 Days of Holiday Sweets & Treats
- 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals