Your kiddos are going to ADORE these Mac n Cheese muffins!
A delicious macaroni and cheese, baked into a bread-cup…it’s like toast and mac n cheese got together and had a kid. These muffins are the result and your kids will go nuts for these!
- 12 oz macaroni pasta
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 12 slices sandwich bread
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- Fresh veggies, as side dish
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook pasta according to package directions and removing when almost al dente (about 1 minute before what is usually considered done).
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat 4 tablespoons butter, cream, salt, pepper, and thyme. Remove from heat before just before mixture begins to boil.
- Use a rolling pin to flatten all the bread slices. Use a butter knife to spread the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter onto one side of each of the bread slices. Press the butter side down into a muffin pan to create bread cups.
- When the pasta is done, drain and return to the pan. Stir in the scalded cream and butter along with 1 cup of shredded cheddar. Stir to melt the cheese.
- Spoon the cheesy macaroni into the bread cups. Press gently to fill the cups and then top off each one to overflowing. You will probably have some macaroni left over.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese and breadcrumbs over each pasta cup.
- Bake for 12 - 15 minutes until the cheese on top is melted.
- Prepare fresh veggies.
- Serve Mac n Cheese Muffins with a side of veggies.
Pin all of our 31 Days of Kid Friendly Recipes here!
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for Supplies to Help Make these Recipes:
- Wilton 24 Cavity Pumpkin Silicon Mold
- Individual Brownie Bar Pan, 24 cavities
- Mini Loaf Pan, 8 cavities
- Classic Round Waffle Maker
- 6 inch Bamboo Skewers, 100 ct
- Ghirardelli Chocolate Dark Melting Wafers, 12 oz.
- Washburn Dad’s Wrapped Root Beer Barrels, 2 lbs.
See all of our 31 Days of Kid Friendly Recipes here!
Other 31 Days of Series to check out:
- 31 Days of 5-Ingredient Meals
- 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinners
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Chili, Soups & Stews
- 31 Days of FreezEasy Meals
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes
- 31 Days of Healthy Snacks
- 31 Days of Holiday Sweets & Treats
- 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Summer Slow Cooker Meals