Lemon Pepper Chicken might be my favorite way to grill chicken. Why?
Because the lemon juice does such an amazing job of tenderizing the chicken (the acidity actually breaks down the chicken to literally soften it), and infusing it’s citrus-y flavor goodness deep into the chicken. The result is perfectly grilled chicken!
Combined with more pepper in the marinade than you think you should use and it’s just perfect!
This is a featured FreezEasy recipe and is included in the MyFreezEasy recipe database & new desktop app – where you can create your own or customize existing meal plans! (You can learn more about it here.)
Grilled Lemon Pepper Chicken
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes*
Cooking Time – 20 minutes
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, lightly pounded
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Side idea: grilled baby red potatoes
- Fresh veggies, as side dish
- In small bowl, whisk 1/4 cup olive oil and lemon juice. Add in the pepper and a few dashes of salt. Add the lightly pounded chicken breasts and toss well in the marinade. *Let marinate for at least 30 minutes in the fridge, tossing every 10 minutes.
- Preheat the grill. Grill the marinated chicken for 5 to 10 minutes per side, until cooked through.
- While the chicken is grilling, grill the baby red potatoes for a few minutes over indirect heat. Then pull them off the grill and press them gently with a measuring cup or other flat utensil to “smash” them open. Return to the grill and drizzle with remaining olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Continue grilling until softened in the middle.
- Prepare veggies, as needed.
- Serve Grilled Lemon Chicken with grilled baby red potatoes and veggies.
Pin all of our 31 Days of 5-Ingredient Meals here!
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for 5-Ingredient Meal Supplies:
- Long-Handle Wooden Measuring Spoons, set of 4
- 6 oz. glass custard cups, set of 4
- Dishwasher safe Cutting Boards, set of 4
- Knife Set with Block, 7 piece set (my FAVORITE knives)
- Rubbermaid Food Storage Containers with lids, 42 piece set
See all of our 31 Days of 5-Ingredient Meals here!
Other “31 Days of” Series to check out:
- 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinners
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Chili, Soups & Stews
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes
- 31 Days of Healthy Snacks
- 31 Days of Holiday Sweets & Treats
- 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Summer Slow Cooker Meals