Holy Chipotle- Guacamole.
No…not Chipotle’s guacamole. (Although it is delicious.)
Holy guacaole, this Chipotle Meatloaf is outstanding. It’s hearty, super tasty and does really well in the freezer. I love freezing meatloaf because it’s super durable in the freezer.
Freezing Meatloaf Hack, so your loaf pans don’t get stuck in the freezer —> https://www.5dollardinners.com/freezing-meatloaf-kitchen-shortcut/
Now, get this added to your next freezer cooking meal plan!
Yield – 8 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 90 minutes
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 2 Tbsp garlic chili sauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 Tbsp ground dried chipotle
- 1 cup salsa
- Fresh veggies or salad, as side dish
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray. (Use two if you want to freeze one before baking!)
- In a medium bowl, combine ground beef, chili sauce, eggs, oats, and dried chipotle seasoning. Mix with your hands.
- Place the meat mixture into the loaf pan and press in to fill it.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 80 minutes. Remove from oven, top with salsa, and place back in the oven.
- Bake for 10 more minutes or until meat reaches internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Prepare fresh veggies or salad.
- Serve Chipotle Meatloaf with a side of veggies or salad.
To freeze ahead, form the loaf in advance and freeze in a freezer safe/oven safe pan. Allow the frozen meatloaf to thaw in the fridge for 24 hours before baking. Add salsa to the meatloaf as directed on the recipe during baking.
Pin all of our 31 Days of FreezEasy Meals here!
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for FreezEasy Meal Supplies:
- Freezer Bags, gallon size
- Freezer Bags, 2 gallon size
- Disposable 9×5 Loaf Pans or Reusable Silicon Freezer Safe/Oven Safe Loaf Pans
- Disposable 9×13 Aluminum Foil Pans or Reusable Silicon Freezer/Oven Safe 9×13 Pan (I’d recommend using a baking sheet with this one when cooking!)
- Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil
- Melamine Mixing Bowls with pouring spout, 3 ct. set (3 qt., 2 qt., and 1 1/2 qt.)
- Dishwasher safe Cutting Boards, set of 4
See all of our 31 Days of FreezEasy Meals here!
Other “31 Days of” Series to check out:
- 31 Days of 5-Ingredient Meals
- 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinners
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Chili, Soups & Stews
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes
- 31 Days of Healthy Snacks
- 31 Days of Holiday Sweets & Treats
- 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Summer Slow Cooker Meals