I am obsessed with these pumpkin seeds. Little sweet, little spice, little lime-tang.
See why I’m obsessed?
If you have never roasted your own pumpkin seeds, you are missing out. This recipe and sweet-spice combination is just perfect and I highly recommend using this recipe when you roast your own seeds.
I gave instructions on how to store any that you don’t eat…but my guess is that the entire bowl will be demolished in one shot 😉
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp turbinado sugar (brown sugar would also work)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 cups pumpkin seeds
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- In a medium saute pan, heat the coconut oil over medium high heat.
- Stir in turbinado sugar or brown sugar, chili powder, and pumpkin seeds and combine all ingredients until the seeds are evenly coated.
- Cook on medium high heat until seeds are light golden brown and the sugar is lightly caramelized. This will happen very quickly. Watch closely and stir continually to prevent overcooking.
- Remove from heat and stir in lime juice and zest.
- Spread onto parchment paper to cool completely.
- Enjoy at room temperature. If you have any left over, store in an airtight container for up to a week at room temperature.
Pin all of our 31 Days of Healthy Snack Recipes here!
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for Healthy Snacks Supplies:
- Apple Corer
- Flexible Cutting Boards, 4 pack
- Snack size Baggies, 90 ct, 3 pack
- Avocado Cutter (splits, pits, and slices!)
- Muffin Tins, 12 cup
- Sandwich Knife & Condiment Spreader
See all of our 31 Days of Healthy Snack Recipes here!
Other 31 Days of Series to check out:
- 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinners
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Chili, Soups & Stews
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes
- 31 Days of Holiday Sweets & Treats
- 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
This recipe is featured on Meal Plan Monday #191 Thanksgiving Edition.