I want you to not be spooked by the word Cajun. Or to think that it might be too spicy for any little mouths you might be feeding. While the Cajun sausage does have a bit of a kick to it, the creaminess from the Alfredo sauce really softens it nicely. And at the same time, the spice from the sausage brings out a touch of sweetness in the Alfredo sauce. (Did you know that Alfredo sauce is a bit sweet? You’ll soon find out!)
This is a fantastically simple meal – perfect for any busy weeknight!
- 16 oz small shell pasta noodles
- 12 oz Cajun or andouille sausage, sliced
- 2 bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 24 oz Alfredo sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Salad, as side dish
- Cook the pasta, as directed. Drain well.
- While the pasta is cooking, saute the sliced sausage with the onions and bell peppers for 5 to 7 minutes, or until onions become transparent. Stir in the Alfredo sauce and simmer for a few minutes to warm it through.
- Toss the cooked pasta with the sausage-Alfredo sauce.
- Serve Cajun Sausage Alfredo with side salad.
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for 5-Ingredient Meal Supplies:
- Long-Handle Wooden Measuring Spoons, set of 4
- 6 oz. glass custard cups, set of 4
- Dishwasher safe Cutting Boards, set of 4
- Knife Set with Block, 7 piece set (my FAVORITE knives)
- Rubbermaid Food Storage Containers with lids, 42 piece set
See all of our 31 Days of 5-Ingredient Meals here!
Other 31 Days of Series to check out:
- 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinners
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Chili, Soups & Stews
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes
- 31 Days of Healthy Snacks
- 31 Days of Holiday Sweets & Treats
- 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Summer Slow Cooker Meals