You had me at drizzled white chocolate…
My 2nd son is my most adventurous eater…BUT…he doesn’t care for chocolate chip cookies. (Sometimes I wonder if he really is my kid because how could he not get the “loves chocolate chip cookie” gene from me?!) Those are the default cookies around here because they are easy and I have my favorite recipe memorized. But Charie’s favorite cookies are oatmeal raisin cookies, so I make those every few batches and freeze some for him to enjoy later when I bake chocolate chip cookies again.
I’ve adapted the very popular no bake energy bites into oatmeal raisin bites or bars for him and his brothers…and then went a little crazy and drizzled white chocolate all over them. Just because.
(They would be fine without the white chocolate. But not really.)
So did I have you at drizzled white chocolate???
White Chocolate Oatmeal Raisin Bars
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats (make sure to choose gluten free oats for a gluten free diet)
- 2/3 cup creamy almond butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 tspground cinnamon, optional
- 1/2 cup solid white chocolate
- 1 tspcoconut oil
- Combine the oats, almond butter, honey, raisins, and cinnamon (if desired) into a bowl. Mix well until all the dough is pulling away from the sides of the bowl and it holds its shape when pressed together. If the mixture is too dry and crumbly, add 1 tablespoon of very hot water and stir. Repeat until dough reaches the right consistency.
- Form the bars into a siliconesquare browniepan and chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Melt the white chocolate and coconut oil, stirring constantly.
- Remove the bars from the pan and drizzle with chocolate.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until you're ready to enjoy.
Pin all of our 31 Days of Healthy Snack Recipes here!
Erinâ€™s Personal Recommendations for Healthy Snacks Supplies:
- Apple Corer
- Flexible Cutting Boards, 4 pack
- Snack size Baggies, 90 ct, 3 pack
- Avocado Cutter (splits, pits, and slices!)
- Muffin Tins, 12 cup
- Sandwich Knife & Condiment Spreader
See all of our 31 Days of Healthy Snack Recipes here!
Other â€œ31 Days ofâ€ Series to check out:
- 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinners
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Chili, Soups & Stews
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes
- 31 Days of Holiday Sweets & Treats
- 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
This recipe is featured on Meal Plan Monday #191 Thanksgiving Edition.